Dr. Silver helps patients and families who are dealing with chronic pain issues.
Chronic pain is the leading cause of disability in developed countries. Improperly managed chronic pain can lead to poor physical functioning, substance abuse, and significant emotional distress. Pain begets stress in a wretched downward spiral. In Chronic Pain and the Family, Dr. Silver explores how chronic pain affects the individual and the family and offers specific suggestions to help.
This book covers:
- How men and women experience pain differently
- The effect of chronic pain on children’s behavior
- The risk of dependence and addiction to pain medications
- Practical ways for supporting someone in pain
- New treatments for chronic pain
Click the icons below to buy the book from these online retailers.