Covering the latest advances in the diagnosis and management of musculoskeletal disorders, and many serious injuries and illnesses requiring rehabilitation, this core textbook in the field of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is used by doctors and other rehabilitation clinicians in their training and clinical practice. Featuring a description of the condition, discussion of symptoms, examination findings, functional limitations, and diagnostic testing, each topic is concise, focused, and well-illustrated. The extensive treatment section covers initial therapies, rehabilitation interventions, procedures, and surgery. From sore shoulders in cancer patients to spinal cord injuries, Essentials of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation provides readers with the knowledge to treat almost any rehabilitation condition.
This book offers:
- Practical, clinically relevant material for the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions
- Information about physical agents and therapeutic exercise in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of disorders that produce pain, impairment, and disability
- Consistent chapter organization that delivers content in a logical, practical manner
- Current evidence and expert guidance for making more accurate diagnoses and choosing the best treatment option for each patient
- An entire section on pain management so patients can reach their full recovery potential
- Artwork that makes every concept and technique easier to grasp
- ICD-9 codes providing complete information for each disorder
Click the icons below to buy the book from these online retailers.