Dr. Silver interviewed hundreds of cancer survivors—including celebrities such as Lance Armstrong, Carly Simon, and Scott Hamilton—who candidly shared with her what helped get them through every aspect of the cancer journey.
What Helped Get Me Through offers guidance, emotional support, and advice to those just diagnosed with cancer and those undergoing treatment. The wisdom and hope offered in this book are invaluable to anyone who is going through cancer, including newly diagnosed patients and their families, as well as their doctors and caregivers.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Managing fear, uncertainty, and speaking with your young children.
- Exploring and deciding upon treatment options.
- Caring for yourself spiritually, physically, and emotionally.
- Interacting with your family and friends and allowing them to make a difference.
- What would have helped, but was too difficult to ask for.
- What could have helped at the time of diagnosis.
Dr. Silver also has included short lists which are invaluable:
- 5 Things You Should Tell Your Partner Who Has Cancer
- 5 Things To Tell Your Children About Your Cancer
- 5 Things For a Friend To Do
- 5 Things Your Oncologist Should Tell You
- 10 Tips to Help Children and Families
Click the icons below to buy the book from these online retailers.